The most successful teachers align their use of Write About with the purpose of their classroom.
Exploring and adopting a writing platform is an important investment that teachers make in time, money, and attention. You would only be here if you feel that Write About can make a positive impact in your students' learning and lives. That's why we exist!
- My students will identify as a writer
- My students will write every day
- My students will purposefully publish their writing to a peer audience
- My students will participate weekly as a reader and commenter in our community
- I will be a model writer by visibly writing with students at least once per week
- I will support student writing growth by providing feedback on at least 1 post per student, per week
- I will increase student autonomy by scaffolding choice of topic, audience, genre and style
- My students will improve their writing stamina by an increase of 100 words per post from fall to spring
- My students will increase their monthly volume of writing by at least 100 words each month
- My students will use intentional strategies for selecting an audience by publishing at least 1 post per week beyond the teacher