Thank you for supporting the teachers who impact student writing opportunities!
The most successful sessions are designed around:
- Why this platform matters for students
- How Write About helps teachers do their job
- Specific stories and examples of real student experiences and work
- How and why specific instructional design decisions are made when integrating
- What standards and outcomes were met and how that was documented
- Time for initial exploration, questions, and discussion
- Essential steps for getting started with students
- How to find support along the journey
Maximize the impact of your longer time frame to additionally set up a “sandbox” classroom environment where you:
- Have teachers sign in as a student
- Ensure teachers search content and actually write a post, share it with their peers, and leave a comment on peer writing in the sample environment.
- Reflect and discuss their experience as a student
- Correlate and plan for specific ways they will introduce and sustain Write About integration into daily and weekly writing
- Plan at least one specific unit or lesson where Write About will extend the existing learning